Volunteer at Ban ObOun dog shelter
- Are you passionate about helping out animals in need?
- Are you up to the challenge of traveling far away from tourists areas to the center of Thailand which is still very rural and authentic?
- Do you have the willpower to devote a few days of your life to the wellbeing of abused and wounded stray dogs?
If you tick the boxes you are the perfect candidate to volunteer at the Ban ObOun dog shelter in Nong Chang, Uthai Thani province, Thailand.
Daily life of the volunteer
The days start at 6am. You will execute some of the daily tasks which are preparing food, cleaning and disinfecting the dog benches, grooming and walking the dogs, helping out with the healthcare and most importantly giving them lots of affection. The daily tasks end around 9am, which gives you the opportunity to explore the area, walk some of your favorite dogs or whatever you wish to do in your free time.
Volunteers must be :
- minimum 18 years old;
- have an up to date anti-tetanus vaccination;
- willing to commit to the program for at least 2 weeks;
- pay 500 Baht per day in advance.
The 500 Baht per day (about 13€, 14 USD, 11,50 GBP or 18,50 AUD) covers for an air-conditioned accommodation close to, but away from, the dog shelter (including electricity and water), 3 meals per day and a bicycle or motorbike (not including petrol) for transportation. The volunteers are picked up at the bus station if necessary.
However the most important thing they will receive is a life changing experience and the heartwarming appreciation of the stray dogs who are just full of love and waiting for you to give them affection.
Spoken languages are English, Thai and French.
|Ban ObOun||Contact to volunteer|