How to get a Thai Driver’s License for a car
My husband and I both got our Thai car driver’s license by handing over some paperwork, a health check and doing a reaction test because we already had an international driver’s license.
To receive a Thai driver’s license when you have an international driver’s license you need to provide :
- A copy of your passport, visa and immigration stamp (ID if you have Thai citizenship)
- A copy of your unexpired international driver’s license
- Copy of your work permit or a proof of address from immigration or Tabien baan
- a recent health check by a doctor
- 105 Baht (this was the rate in 2015)
Since 2016 the law changed : now applicants have to watch a educational video (with English subtitles) for 1 hour.