Phad phak boong fai daeng moo krob
Phad Phak Boong Fai Daeng Moo Krob is a very tasty and easy to make dish. If you don’t like spicy food you can leave the chillies out. Than it would be called Phad Phak Boong Moo Krob. For those of you who don’t eat pork you can make it without pork. That would be called Phad Phak Boong (Fai Daeng, if it is spicy). It’s a popular side dish that is often included in Thai dinners because it is not only tasty but also very cheap. I like it, I hope you do too!
- Morning Glory
- Bacon or pork belly
- Fish sauce
- Oyster Sauce
The amount of bacon/pork belly and Morning Glory dependents on the number of people where you make it for. Morning Glory shrinks like spinach and bacon will shrink when you cook it crispy or deep fry it.
- Deep fry or bake the bacon crispy.
- Wash the Morning Glory. Remove the ends of the stems. Cut the stems into pieces of about 5 cm, the leaves you can get longer. Keep stems and leaves separate.
- Mash the garlic and chillies coarsely. If you do not have jack you can cut it coarsely.
- Cut the crispy bacon into pieces of preference.
- Add oil in the wok. Add the garlic and chillies stir fry until the garlic is translucent.
- Add the steal of the Morning Glory, oyster sauce and fish sauce. The amount is depending on the amount of Morning Glory. I used 2 tablespoons oyster sauce and 1 tablespoon fish sauce. Stir fry the steal about 2 minutes.
- Add the bacon and the leaves. Stir fry until the leaves become weak.