Pad preew waan
This is a version with only vegetables, but Pad priew waan is usually combined with fried chicken or breaded fish. I’m of fan of either, but that’s me. I love to combine this with crispy bacon. Do try this with chicken or fish if you are a fan of those, I’m sure most people will like it the original way.
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- ¼ pineapple
- 3 tomatoes
- 3 cucumber (don’t use a western cucumber, use a courgette instead)
- 5 baby corns
- 50gr mushrooms
- a few spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Peel and chop the garlic
- Wash and cut your vegetables
- Put all your sauces, sugar, pepper, ketchup and water in 1 bowl
- Heat oil in a wok at high heat. Add garlic and for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and carrots stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and stir fry for about a minute.
- Add the mix bowl and let it cook until the sauce gets a little thicker
- add the cucumber, baby corn and tomato stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- add the pineapple and spring onion and stir fry for about 10 seconds.
You can make this dish with any vegetable of your choice, this is just an indication. If you like paprika is a very good ingredient for this dish. It is important that you constantly stir so that the stir fried vegetables stay crispy.