Hoi lai pad nam prik pao
Hoi lai pad nam prik pao is safe to eat as long as you don’t open the ones that are closed. I love the flavour of the thai basil leaves in combination with the clams.
- 300 gr venus clams
- handful thai basil leaves
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 thai chilies
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Wash the clams at least 3 times with salted water.
- Wash the basil and pick the leaves.
- Chop the chili.
- Peel and squish the garlic.
- Mix the sauce, sugar and chili paste in 1 bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok. When the oil is hot add the garlic and chilli. Stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add the sauces and stir fry a few seconds.
- Add the clams and keep stiring until they open up and turn more orange. If your sauce is starting to get dried up, add some water, just a little, you don’t want to have too much sauce.
- When the clams are done, turn off the heat and add the basil leaves. Stir for a few seconds until the leaves are weak.